Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bunnie Likes: LUSH Love Birds Soap

Source: http://www.lush.ca/
Just in times for Valentine's Day, no? Or S.A.D. (single awareness day haha)

Being a LUSH fanatic, I always have to get my hands on the limited edition goodies. Or else my heart will twist and turn...TORTURE! It's definitely one of the prettiest soaps I've ever seen. I love the pastel colours with a pop of jelly red ^^

 The Love Birds soap is part of the 2011 Valentine collection which means that it is limited edition (grrr). With my luck, I didn't get the intricate and colourful part of the soap.

Top View
 Claims: "We've got something even better than Love soap this year. Love Birds is a creamy cake of jasmine and vanilla loveliness that everyone should try without hesitation. It has a softer scent than Love, with a powdery sweet fragrance that reminds you of young love." -http://www.lush.ca/

Side View
 Scent: LUSH had a very close description to this soap. The notes of jasmine hit you first but then you can detach a soft swirl of creamy vanilla tone to keep things a little sweeter. There is also a little zest from the lemongrass to produce a slightly refreshing splash. It's definitely powdery in a sense, but still fun and floral.

Texture: Love Birds is more creamy than the clear soaps if you know what I mean. It makes this soap firmer so it takes more force to cut it. It is not as buttery as Snowglobe from the 2010 Christmas collection. It makes a mediocre lather because it isn't as dense and foamy as I'd like it to be even when a foaming net (a net that produces a lot of foam but isn't actually used on the skin) is used. 

Cut-up Chunks
 Application & usage: I don't need much of the Love Birds soap in the shower, just a small chunk does wonders when used with a foaming net. However, when you rub the foam on your skin, it dissipates quickly so the fragrance doesn't cling on to the skin. I always find that there is the downside to LUSH soaps. The scent never lasts. I prefer the bath products like bath bombs and bubble bars as the scent lingers for a longer time.

Effects: I've noticed that Love Birds is more moisturizing than any of the other LUSH soaps that I've used including Honey I Washed the Kids, Lady Catrina (LE Halloween 2010) and Snowglobe (LE Christmas 2010). I can go a day or two without lotions or creams after shower. LUSH claims that it is softening but I really haven't noticed my skin turning softer due to the usage of this soap. Click here for the ingredients.

Price & availability: This costs $4.95CAD for 100g which is less than the most of the permanent soaps. It is actually quite inexpensive in my opinion. All LUSH stores and LUSH online. Currently, the Love Birds soap is sold out on both the Canadian and American website.

Overall: LUSH Love Birds soap is not my favourite scent but I do like the fact that it's more unique and moisturizing than the other soaps that I own. All LUSH soaps makes my skin kind of squeaky feeling and this does too. If LUSH can up the foam factor and scent lingering ability, it would be more than just a 7.5/10

4 comments:

  1. it looks and sounds pretty! will check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me how it goes and how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adoreee lush~! but i could spend hours in their store sniffing stuff ><

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too! But then the sales ladies look at me funny XD

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to hear what you've got to say =] just no rude comments! they will be deleted. Thanks for sharing ~CinnaBunnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...