I saw these 2 days ago at my local Zellers. I'm guessing that they haven't finished stocking the shelf because I only saw one of the brand spanking new eyeshadow trios: Spoiled Brat (silver, black, and hot pink). Looks like they have the MegaLash Clinical Mascara and Serum too :) All the Fastdry Nail Polishes look fabulous! Which ones will you try? Many are dupes of well known brands such as OPI and Deborah Lippmann ^^
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Just in times for Valentine's Day, no? Or S.A.D. (single awareness day haha)
Being a LUSH fanatic, I always have to get my hands on the limited edition goodies. Or else my heart will twist and turn...TORTURE! It's definitely one of the prettiest soaps I've ever seen. I love the pastel colours with a pop of jelly red ^^
The Love Birds soap is part of the 2011 Valentine collection which means that it is limited edition (grrr). With my luck, I didn't get the intricate and colourful part of the soap.
Claims: "We've got something even better than Love soap this year. Love Birds is a creamy cake of jasmine and vanilla loveliness that everyone should try without hesitation. It has a softer scent than Love, with a powdery sweet fragrance that reminds you of young love." -http://www.lush.ca/
Scent: LUSH had a very close description to this soap. The notes of jasmine hit you first but then you can detach a soft swirl of creamy vanilla tone to keep things a little sweeter. There is also a little zest from the lemongrass to produce a slightly refreshing splash. It's definitely powdery in a sense, but still fun and floral.
Texture: Love Birds is more creamy than the clear soaps if you know what I mean. It makes this soap firmer so it takes more force to cut it. It is not as buttery as Snowglobe from the 2010 Christmas collection. It makes a mediocre lather because it isn't as dense and foamy as I'd like it to be even when a foaming net (a net that produces a lot of foam but isn't actually used on the skin) is used.
Application & usage: I don't need much of the Love Birds soap in the shower, just a small chunk does wonders when used with a foaming net. However, when you rub the foam on your skin, it dissipates quickly so the fragrance doesn't cling on to the skin. I always find that there is the downside to LUSH soaps. The scent never lasts. I prefer the bath products like bath bombs and bubble bars as the scent lingers for a longer time.
Effects: I've noticed that Love Birds is more moisturizing than any of the other LUSH soaps that I've used including Honey I Washed the Kids, Lady Catrina (LE Halloween 2010) and Snowglobe (LE Christmas 2010). I can go a day or two without lotions or creams after shower. LUSH claims that it is softening but I really haven't noticed my skin turning softer due to the usage of this soap. Click here for the ingredients.
Price & availability: This costs $4.95CAD for 100g which is less than the most of the permanent soaps. It is actually quite inexpensive in my opinion. All LUSH stores and LUSH online. Currently, the Love Birds soap is sold out on both the Canadian and American website.
Overall: LUSH Love Birds soap is not my favourite scent but I do like the fact that it's more unique and moisturizing than the other soaps that I own. All LUSH soaps makes my skin kind of squeaky feeling and this does too. If LUSH can up the foam factor and scent lingering ability, it would be more than just a 7.5/10
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Physician's Formula Organic wear® Jumbo Lash Mascara & Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum are both up for grabs at your local Canadian drugstore. I just got mine today at Shoppers Drug Mart. I suggest getting it from there because they tend to get new makeup collections before any other drugstores ^^ The offer is one per household so you might want to "borrow" an address (unless you have two) if you want both. Make sure to separate the receipts! I forgot to so now I have to go back to the store and refund it and buy it again... >< Here is Physcian's Formula's website and here is the page with other mail-in rebate offers.
Things to do for full-price rebate:
- Keep the original receipt
- Keep the rebate sticker (pink)
- Click on the links given (mascara & eyeliner) and print out forms
- Fill forms out and mail (must be post-marked by December 15th, 2011)
Offer is only available in Canada~ Sorry international ladies!
Hope you found this post helpful! Have a lovely week :)
Sunday, February 6, 2011
This is my second blog award ^^ Thanks to Tiffany & Ella over at Milk & Cookiie!~ I never thought I'd get an award after my first one...at least, I thought I had to wait longer. Just any sweet comment already leaves a smile on my face so I was really happy when I received this~
(keke I like being stylish! Thanks girls <3)
- Thank and link back to the person(s) that awarded you with this award
- Share 7 things about you.
- Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.
I don't really find myself that interesting but hopefully I won't put you to sleep hehe
- I am a very hard working student and I am determined to be successful in the future. I believe in doing well in school because education is just, really important.
- I'm really tiny...only 5 feet tall :S It makes buying jeans with the right inseam very difficult. I literally have to hunt them down!
- I enjoy home cooked meals made with love. Like my mom's cooking...she spoiled my taste buds ever since I was a little girl so I'm REALLY picky when it comes to food. Well, kinda. I'd eat it to be polite but I know if it's good or not ;) rawr. *stomach growls* Thinking of all the food is making me hungry. And it's 2:03am here!
- Retail therapy works in my opinion. haha. I like to reward myself after hardcore exams or just a stressful month.
- Honesty is really important to me when it comes to making friendships and other relationships. I don't understand why people choose to lie about themselves in order for people to like them better, or just to make themselves content.
- Like Milk & Cookiie, I procrastinate A LOT. I think I might be doing it right now...whoops
- For some reason, anger is hot-wired to my tear ducts. So when I'm angry, not only can you hear it in my voice, but my eyes get watery.
I think I have to cheat too! Most of the girls that I know have been around longer then me ^^
I had fun doing this post and I hope you had fun learning a little more about me =] I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Stay beautiful~~
Friday, February 4, 2011
This haul post (Fresh Off the Buy <-- not exactly fresh anymore) is over a month late. whoops.
These are the lovely things that I acquired over the months of November and December. Some are gifts (for me and others) while some are things that I bought to "reward" myself for accomplishing yet another, hard and stressful year. Cheers to getting into the holiday spirit and Santa suits!
I officially dove into blogging in the month of August 2010 (yea I'm still a newbie :P) and I am so glad that I did so because I've met some wonderful people as well as learning new things everyday~ Thanks for all the support! <3 And I would love to say hi to my new followers ^^ *waves*
|Sweater from Pacific Mall|
Thursday, February 3, 2011
HauteLook currently has really good deals on NYX products ^^ They all come in sets meaning that you can't buy a specific product in a specific colour. But the price makes it worth looking at ~
Here are some of the stuff you can get:
|The grinding powders look really good! $33.90|
Be sure to check it out if you are a NYX fan because these sales run for a limited time! (Link here)